Thursday 13 June 2019

Expanding The Brood!

When I was younger I used to dream of having a huge close knit family all living in a gigantic house. 5 was my number, when I was a child it was 7! “yeah i’ll be the mother to 7 children I thought!” 

So far I have two children, 4 and 6 and I have been faced with all kinds of challenges and adventures; life is certainly eventful let’s put it this way! However my dream of having a large family has never really diminished, despite the craziness of it all, the dirty nappies, the tantrums, the mess, the CHAOS. 

So although the dream hasn’t wavered, I am currently at that point where “should i have another one?” I feel like I’ve only just got my life back for myself as my youngest has now started full-time education. Yet there’s this niggling little voice on my shoulder reminding me of the magical times from pregnancy, that newborn smell, those first wobbly steps….

Another thing I know I need to consider is the costs! Who knew something so small could cost so much and need SO much stuff! Saying that though, your first child will always be the most expensive with costs only increasing slightly as you expand the brood as clothes can be reused, toys, furniture and bedrooms can be shared etc… It’s important though to consider whether you are financially able to expand your brood. 

So currently I’m stuck in limbo as to whether I want another child, I guess time will tell! 

 

 

The post Expanding The Brood! appeared first on It's Handmade.



from It's Handmade https://www.itshandmade.co.uk/expanding-the-brood

No comments:

Post a Comment