Tuesday 23 April 2019

C-section vs Natural birth Stigmas

So, where I live you are given the option from the very start to either have a natural or a c-section birth. Pregnant with my first child I have been left so confused as to which birth I should opt for…

I thought I would try talking to other mummies and as a matter of fact, it’s just made the thought process even more confusing and overwhelming 🙁

People would flood in with closed minded comments such as, “yeah, but giving birth naturally is like “proper” giving birth” “natural birth is nature’s way it’s the best way”

I just know that natural is not always best, there are risks too. My mother had an extremely traumatic birth with her second child and was in labour for three days with the baby becoming stuck in the birth canal because he was so large. She had to have the forceps and baby was so stressed it took the doctors a bit of time to get him breathing after birth. The child has since been diagnosed with Autism which they say can be linked to a traumatic birth.

My mum now also suffers with urine incontinence and tells me that if i have the option to have a c-section then I should go for it…

Also, where I live pain relief is not allowed so when I go natural it would literally be NATURAL.. Whilst the idea of an unmedicated birth seems wonderful, is the reality just that? Is it really the safest way for mother and baby?

I’m still so confused, what are your thoughts on a c-section and natural delivery?

The post C-section vs Natural birth Stigmas appeared first on It's Handmade.



from It's Handmade https://www.itshandmade.co.uk/c-section-vs-natural-birth-stigmas

No comments:

Post a Comment