I like to think it is always the right time to share baked goods with my friends and neighbors. This recipe is perfect for feeding large crowds, or dividing up to pass out to those living near you. While we may not all agree on what is best right now for our country, we can acknowledge that some sugar, butter, and a sprinkle of chocolate candy can bring a smile, start a conversation; maybe even build bridges. “If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it.” —Lucy Larcom
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 ounces m&m candies
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position, and preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a half sheet pan (or two 9 x 13 pans).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place the brown sugar and butter in a large saucepan, and heat over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat and add the water, stirring to combine. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Spread the dough evenly into the prepared pan (or divide evenly between the two pans) and sprinkle the m&ms over the top, pressing them gently into the dough. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out with just a couple crumbs, 22-26 minutes.
- Let the bars cool on a wire rack, then cut and serve.
from Handmade Charlotte http://www.handmadecharlotte.com/mm-blondies-recipe-crowd/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=feedpress.me&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hcrss